Matt guides employers through the complex maze of State and Federal laws that govern employee relations. He commonly works with employers in the areas of sex and age discrimination, wrongful termination, workplace safety, job security, immigration, business acquisitions, and management/union relations to avoid potential liability to its employees.
Whenever possible, Matt prefers to work with clients to take proactive, preventative approach to designing employee handbooks and implementing employment policies that fit client’s unique workplace requirements, all while making sure that they are compliant with Ohio and federal laws.
If litigation is needed, Matt will defend your business against claims made by employees in court or before administrative including Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, The Ohio Civil Rights Commission, and Department of Labor including those involving:
- Termination and severance agreements
- Unemployment disputes and IDES audits
- Discrimination charges filed by employees under Title VII, ADA, or ADEA
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Independent contractor agreements
- Union contribution and reporting claims, wage and overtime claims, and Prevailing Wage Act claims
Matt is an experienced negotiator and has represented numerous parties in collective bargaining negotiations. He has also represented public employers and employees in civil service matters. He is a frequent presenter at seminars both for clients and attorneys, as well as seminars designed for employers with a focus on sexual harassment training and prevention.